Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The T-Shirt Quilt Begins

A couple weeks ago, one of my friends asked, "Do you do T-shirt quilts?"

I said no, but could try, even though t-shirts were knit fabric, which are intimidating. Then I read about t-shirt quilts and sent her a list of all the things that could go wrong and she still said she trusted me with it. Now I make t-shirt quilts and anybody who orders one after this one won't get the list of potential disasters!

Her mom is getting the quilt for my friend's birthday, which is a cool idea. People give quilts to babies, but hardly ever to anybody else.

I practiced some on one of my t-shirts and one of Dad's, just to figure out how the material feels. It felt weird, but aside from the disastrous free-motion quilting practice, it came out fine. My FMQ is pretty bad to begin with, but this looked like a mountain range. Straight lines worked fine.

The t-shirts came yesterday and the current colors are green, gold, purple, and turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment